As a Digital Developer/ Project Manager you will have ownership of a range of accounts and digital projects under the supervision of the company’s Head of Technology. Your involvement starts from initial client contact to support business development to the point of contract signature and continues beyond project delivery to ongoing relationship management of clients. You will need to be logically minded and technically competent. Comfortable producing technical specification documents and detailed information architecture to briefing and leading teams of developers throughout the project lifecycle to delivery.
You should have experience of leading Content Management Systems, app development, server architecture and be capable of aligning client needs with technical solutions that fit the brief. Having a good all round understanding of digital technology is essential.
As a central part of the team, you have a deep understanding of the business, our capabilities and the projects we work on. As a daily interface between the company and its clients, you are expected to confidently identify and support new business opportunities and directly help build revenues from clients whose projects you manage.
- Technical account management for a named portfolio of clients
- Limited technical development and/or prototyping
- Preparation of proposals, budgets and project schedules
- Project management and team coordination (design, technical, development, implementation)
- Account administration in line with the company’s business process
- Support business development activities with presentation preparation and proposal development
- Scope, define, estimate and manage budgets, scopes of work, and planning schedules
- Work with internal teams to define technical product specifications and functional requirements
- Assign and schedule tasks to achieve project objectives
- Maintain detailed timelines, project plans and resources for project deliverables and key milestones
- Act as first line of communication with clients
- Manage day-to-day operations of projects, including communication of client’s needs to the team
- Manage teams of developers over multiple projects using multiple technologies
- Lead project status meetings and updates with internal teams and clients
- Manage multiple accounts simultaneously with an understanding of project priorities and resources
- Assist in managing internal resources, ensuring existing and new business projects are fully staffed
- Minimize exposure to risk on a project by identifying scope creep and mitigate risk
- Manage and participate in testing and quality control for all deliverables
- A minimum of 5 years experience in technical project management / digital delivery
- Scripting and development experience, exposure to LAMP architecture
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong personal communication skills with the ability to interact with designers, developers and clients, often remotely
- Clear writing skills to support written technical proposals and accurate client communications
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of perspective
- Experience in scoping, budgeting and planning all kinds of digital projects
- Excellent knowledge of digital communications technology, design trends, graphic design and branding
- Hands on experience with major CMS (e.g. Drupal, WordPress, SiteCore, etc.)
- Good all-around understanding of UX, front-end development and backend development
- Enthusiasm to learn and succeed with a flexible outlook and plenty of initiative
The position will be based at our London office, with regular travel (approx. 1 week a month) to our Geneva, Switzerland office, and other European offices as required.
If you feel you fit this profile and want to work in an innovative, dynamic and flexible work environment, then please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Status: Full Time